Win an autographed Advance Reading Copy of SUICIDE KINGS


I have two ARCs of the latest Wild Cards book, Suicide Kings (Canada, USA, Europe), signed by George R. R. Martin and the rest of the authors who contributed to this mosaic novel. Which means that in addition to GRRM's signature, each ARC will be signed by Melinda Snodgrass, Daniel Abraham, S. L. Farrell, Victor Milán, Caroline Spector, and Ian Tregillis. How cool is that!?!

And if you haven't already, be sure to give Inside Straight (Canada, USA, Europe) and Busted Flush (Canada, USA, Europe), the first two volumes of this newest Wild Cards triad, a shot!

The rules are the same as usual. You need to send an email at reviews@(no-spam)gryphonwood.net with the header "SUICIDE." Remember to remove the "no spam" thingy.

Second, your email must contain your full mailing address (that's snail mail!), otherwise your message will be deleted.

Lastly, multiple entries will disqualify whoever sends them. And please include your screen name and the message boards that you frequent using it, if you do hang out on a particular MB.

Good luck to all the participants!

*** Please remember that anything purchased via the Amazon links (used or new) throughout December will help raise funds for Breast Cancer Research.

9 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm clueless, but is the contest just a random draw, or..?

Anonymous said...

Slightly embarrassed by my question, but putting SUICIDE in the header just means putting it as the subject of the email?

Patrick said...

Yes and yes.

Anonymous said...

Got a laugh when I read your profile to see what authors you liked. I am not a Terry Goodkind fan myself, what is your main dislike about him?

Anonymous said...

I might come of as an idiot here, but I only got to this site by following GRRMs "not a blog", and cannot seem to figure what is this contest abot... I send an email with the word "suicide" in the header, and...? I mean, what should I email you about?

Anonymous said...

I thought the instructions were painfully clear, but I will try and simplify them for the confused or clueless. Thereby saving Patrick the trouble.

This is a random drawing for a book. Your email is your "ticket".

1.Put SUICIDE in the subject heading of the email.

2.In the body of the email put your name and address, so if you win he has somewhere to send it to.

3. Hit send.

4. Thank me for posting this because it decreases my chances of winning. Nuff Said.

Jim Shannon said...

I received my Alastair Reynolds book contest today. Nice quality, good packaging.

Thanks for the early Christmas present :-)

Anonymous said...

"Got a laugh when I read your profile to see what authors you liked. I am not a Terry Goodkind fan myself, what is your main dislike about him?"

Terry Goodkind... ugh...

I read "Wizard's First Rule" on the recommendation of someone who said it was their favorite book. I can't believe how terrible it was given the praise.

Every chapter was filled with amazing happen-stance, every time a good guy was about to die, it became deus ex machina time.

The characters were painfully boring and uninteresting, the 'plot-twist' was laughable and predictable -- just like every other aspect of the plot (well, at least not the parts that randomly happened for no good reason in order to save someone.)

It wasn't a laughably terrible book but it was not something I'd ever recommend to anyone, or consider the be up to the standard of almost any other popular fantasy author.

Dovile said...

I'll just assume this is open intenationally and send the email:)