New China Miéville interview

There is a new Q&A with SFF author China Miéville on Scyfilove which took place during the recent Writing on the Wall festival in Liverpool.

He talked about his latest novel, Kraken (Canada, USA, Europe). When asked about a return to Bas-Lag, his response was:

“I’m certainly not bored of Bas-Lag or anything like that and it would be easy for me to go back there,” he said. “But the books I wrote about Bas Lag had an arc to them and matter a lot to me.

“I don’t want to undermine that, so my argument would be it would have to be a story that really needed to be in that setting."

You can read the full interview here.

2 commentaires:

Zachary said...

This makes me sad, but at the same time, I'd rather he not half-ass a novel or try to drag out a series that he felt was complete. I don't mind re-reading The Scar or Perdido Street Station again, though - there's so much detail in both books, I find myself discovering new things every time I revisit them.

C Scott Morris said...

While I love Bas-Lag, I really don't mind that China has left it behind for now. His writing is so beautiful, that I will read anything he offers to us. As long as China is still creating new and wonderful works, I am happy.
Besides, at some point a new Bas-Lag story is going to start to form in that incredible, bald head of his, and we will have another dark and twisted tale of magic and weirdness to feast upon.